Becoming a BLIS Surgeon.
Benefits of becoming a BLIS surgeon.
BLIS is a surgeon centric organization. We believe quality outcomes in surgery are all about the surgeon. Years of data demonstrate that it is the surgeon, not the patient or the facility, that has the greatest impact on outcomes. Our mission is to help improve access to surgery. BLIS is an acronym for, 'Bundled Loan & Indemnity Solution' which is based on the concept that there are two primary barriers for access to surgery. They are 'risk' and 'cost'. BLIS solutions are designed to break down these primary obstacles so the BLIS surgeon can do more cases and at improved margins. BLIS is able to accomplish this by:
- Equipping BLIS Surgeons with a unique, proven and powerful insurance solution that enable the BLIS surgeon to protect their patients and their payers, from complication related medical costs.
- Encouraging patients and payers to choose a BLIS surgeon based on their unique ability to include complication protection.
- Providing financing tools that make it easier for patients to access care through a BLIS surgeon.
- Creating networks of BLIS surgeons in order to direct contact with Payers interested in sending their surgical cases to a BLIS surgeon so they can enjoy the benefits of high quality surgery and BLIS complication protection.
- Developing resources and promoting peer collaboration through the BLIS Surgeons Association supported by the BLIS Foundation.
How to become a BLIS surgeon.
Our Client Services team will discuss with prospective surgeons how to qualify to become approved as a BLIS surgeon. The following process is undertaken to become a BLIS surgeon:
- Establish Eligibility - Surgeons must specialize in a BLIS selected surgical specialty by demonstrating case volume at or about 50 percent within their specialty. Lifetime and annual case minimums must be met.
- Complete a BLISCare Underwriting Application - Information required includes educational history, case volume history and complication data among other items.
- Undergo Review of Application - The BLIS underwriting committee reviews surgeon applications to determine approval.
- Customize Your BLIS Protection Package - BLIS works with surgeons who have been approved by the underwriting committee to select the protection packages appropriate for their practice.
- Implementation and Support - A BLIS team member will provide materials and training to help implement and support the BLISCare program, patient reporting, payment process and more.
- Continuous Evaluation - Once approved and actively reporting surgical cases to BLIS, each surgeon is continuously evaluated on how well or not so well they are doing in comparison to all the other BLIS surgeons around the country who are performing the same Covered Procedure. The surgeons ability to stay in the BLIS program is solely based on this ongoing, data driven, transparent evaluation.
Contact BLIS to learn more about applying to become a BLIS Surgeon.